We are now accepting applications for the 2020-21 school year in our Pre-K, Elementary, and Middle School studios.
Slope School's admissions process is designed to help your family explore the new science of learning in the 21st century, then decide if this is the right fit for you. You can read, watch videos, and participate in events. We encourage you to dive deeply!
Is Slope School the Right Fit for My Family?
Slope School is a perfect fit for families like the following:
- People who believe the traditional school system no longer works to prepare children for the modern world
- Creators and creatives
- Out-of-the box thinkers
- People who want the benefits of child-directed learning without having to make a full-time commitment to homeschooling
- Families with flexible schedules
- People who need flexible attendance for travel and family obligations. (We will operate on an 11-month calendar with 4-7 week sessions and breaks in between)
- Children who want additional time to pursue their passions beyond traditional after school hours
- People who want to maximize their family time
- Trailblazers and trendsetters
- Families who value their freedom and want their children to develop a love of learning
Parents looking for the items listed below may be challenged by Slope School's philosophy and may feel it is not the right place for their family:
- Those who treasure social prestige and really prefer a traditional education.
- Those who are "blamers" and ultimately will gossip and criticize, no matter what.
- Those who aren't sure their child is ready yet for the responsibility and struggles—and occasional tears—of truly independent learning (and may be right).
- Those who are not committed to a Hero's Journey themselves.